Senior Lead Product Manager, API - Work From Home
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
As the API Product Manager, you will enable the evolution and
expansion of Lumen Edge Services and Platform. As Product Manager
you will be working collaboratively with diverse and distributed
teams to deliver real value across every part of the Edge
ecosystem. The API Product Manager is responsible for product
planning, Agile product execution and contributing to developer
enablement around APIs for Lumen Edge Platform and Edge Services.
This includes managing API Product Lifecycle, gathering and
prioritizing API product requirements from internal and external
customers, refining the API strategy, and working closely with
multiple Agile engineering teams, to deliver APIs to Lumen's API
Marketplace. You will be responsible for ensuring product delivery
success by executing on Product Management best practices in an
Agile SAFe environment.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Define and drive the API product strategy and roadmap.
* Own the API vision for Edge Services and Platform and be
accountable for creating the best experience for developers.
* Establish processes to support development of API strategies and
commercialization of APIs.
* Perform competitive and market analysis and turn insights into
product requirements by focusing on areas of improvement and
* Conduct customer research to uncover customer needs and
challenges that can be solved by APIs
* Liaise with other Product Managers to drive consistency in
processes, product, and delivery.
* Define API business requirements for product development to build
* Implement API best practices.
* Mentor other product managers to adopt API first mind set,
develop product specific API strategies and roadmaps.
* Work with Lumen and 3rd party APIs
* Define and track API success metrics.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* 5+ years' experience with strong product management principles,
governance, process, techniques and tools
* Proficient with agile product development practices
* Preference for product management experience within the cloud or
* Ability to inspire teams to think big, drive outcomes, and
* Technical ability: ability to read XML, JSON, & other API formats
as required and speak to developers and understand high-level what
they are talking about- essential.
* 2+ years' experience working with APIs as a product manager.
* What to Expect Next*
Requisition #: 243396
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Senior Lead Product Manager, API - Work From Home, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!