Medical Director Ambulatory Quality
Company: Health eCareers
Posted on: February 15, 2021
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Medical Director, Ambulatory Quality. You're equally comfortable
with planning, implementation and continuous evaluation of quality,
safety, and population health metrics and process improvement
needed to achieve top decile outcomes.-- You're great at what you
do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you
believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is
invincible. Us. SCL Health Medical Group --is part of SCL Health, a
faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on
person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana
and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary are specialty care
services.-- Benefits --are one of the ways we encourage health for
you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental
and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body:
it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. This
position will report to the System Chief Quality and Safety
Officer, matrix to the Medical Group Physician Service
President/Chief Clinical Officer, and have a dyad relationship with
the System Director of Ambulatory Quality. In a part time, .5 FTE,
administrative capacity, it is anticipated the candidate will also
maintain a partial clinical role within SCL Health.-- We. Together,
we'll improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
We'll honor--each other's--dignity and surpass--the--standards we
set.-- We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our
integrity.-- This leader will mature an ambulatory quality program
with a strong population health foundation focusing on
preventative, primary care and specialty metrics. While ensuring
standardization where applicable across regions, will drive
improvement in preventive care, chronic disease management, and
patient outreach programs. Additionally, as a Medical Director,
Ambulatory Quality you need to know how to:
- Stay abreast of, and lead System in, emerging National, State,
and Commercial Payer performance initiatives for
ambulatory/population health. Lead providers in the use of
patient-level data to improve the health of their patients while
improving the overall health status of the communities we
- Contribute considerable work effort focused on developing a
sustainable culture which values clinical excellence, patient
safety, and continuous learning.
- Collaboratively with the System Director of Ambulatory Quality,
co-lead the monthly Ambulatory Quality Committee meetings. Assist
with agenda preparation, meeting management, and any follow-up
related to Provider practice.
- Lead and support initiatives to embed standard work wherever
possible to drive improved clinical outcomes.
- Effectively interact with varied stakeholders across the
System, both Ambulatory and Acute to facilitate a patient-centered,
integrated health network.
- Educate providers on quality and population health metrics,
early disease detection gaps, as well as appropriate Coding and
- Be accountable for continuous process improvement related to
Provider practice across the Enterprise, ensuring fulfillment of
SCL Health business and clinical vision and goals.
- Foster a culture of achievement in best practices, patient
experience, and Provider & Associate engagement.
- Develop and maintain collegial relationships with Clinicians
(both employed and community/network) in order to support business
efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Serve as a clinical expert and reference for regulatory or
- Collaborate with the Operations leaders to ensure effective
clinical quality processes and outcomes.
- Conduct individual detailing with practice providers on his/her
data and progress towards goals.
- Represent SCL Health in Joint Operating Committees with third
party payers in partnership with the SCL Health managed care team
and operations leaders. Your experience. We hire people, not
resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO, Board Certified, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years in expanding leadership roles,
- At least three (3) years in quality improvement and population
- Data analysis and statistics experience, preferred. Your next
move. Now that you know more about being a Medical Director,
Ambulatory Quality on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL
Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and
why you were called to it in the first place. The Director of APPs
is responsible for patient care by providing leadership to the APPs
within the healthcare sites of responsibility.)
Keywords: Health eCareers, Broomfield , Medical Director Ambulatory Quality, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!