Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most.We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.The
Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
services.Subcontract ManagerThe Supply Chain Subcontract Manager
(SCSM) position represents an exciting opportunity that will help
enable Ball Aerospace to GO BEYOND by developing technology to help
you see farther, stay safer, and preserve our planet and meet some
of the nation's most critical missions, at home and on the
outskirts of our solar system. The Supply Chain Subcontracts
Management Subcontract Manager will be responsible for the
management and oversight of category specific major, high dollar
space segment/subsystem subcontracts and related activities in
support of Ball Aerospace customer programs. This position
represents an exciting opportunity to participate in both
subcontract management and commodity specific category supplier
management. This role will entail supplier sourcing, leading RFP
and proposal evaluations, negotiations and management of the
supplier throughout the subcontract life cycle, with responsibility
for the supplier relationship and contractual performance.What
- Execute and manage category specific major, high dollar space
- Responsible for all aspects of category subcontract execution
from proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature
authority for subcontract and contractual point of contact with
- Responsible for leading the development of category supplier
strategic relationships and alignment of suppler capabilities to
mission requirements. Develop and maintain risk assessments,
performance tracking, and to drive supplier performance to
subcontract requirements. May be assigned specific Category Lead
responsibilities for a commodity category.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing, solicit and lead supplier
proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze
cost/price, technical capability and financial viability,
investigate supplier's ability to perform within the proposed cost,
technical, and schedule parameters.
- Identify supplier risk and opportunities to achieve program
objectives; develop risk assessments, manage supplier risk through
targeted negotiation strategies/plans in conjunction with the
Subcontract Management Team/technical leads; lead subcontract
- Develop subcontract management plans in conjunction with
Subcontract Management teams; determine contractual methodologies
for supplier performance that align to the negotiated contractual
baseline, such as delivery incentives, fee plans, and required
supplier status meetings, programmatic reviews, etc.
- Manage and lead a matrixed Subcontract Management Team
including the supplier, engineering, quality, and other
stakeholders to meet subcontract performance objectives.
- Own the management of supplier contractual performance
throughout the subcontracting lifecycle; resolve supplier
performance issues and any internal Ball issues that affect
supplier performance .
- Responsible for generation of the subcontract award, ensuring
ensure all subcontract management actions are performed within Ball
Aerospace procedures and compliant to government regulations.
- Represent Supply Chain Management at various levels on cross
functional teams to drive business success, cultivate and maintain
strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal
- Perform all subcontract administrative and management functions
including modifications, manage subcontract funding, track
subcontractor spend plan, milestone payment plans, cash flow and
monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of
invoices; solicit Engineering Change Proposals, review Prime
Contract modifications to include relevant changes in subcontract
modifications; administer fee plan and lead fee determination
board, manage Subcontractor Data Requirement List (SDRL)
communications and deliverables, including participation in program
Change Control Boards (CCB), as applicable.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical
standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and
regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 or more years related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Professional, demonstrated experience as a lead Supply Chain
Subcontract Manager for large-scale (> $7.5M), proposals or
programs in support of DoD and/or NASA customers.
- Professional experience and demonstrated expertise in US
Government Program Proposal Development, US Government purchasing /
acquisitions, and material handling.
- Ability to act in a leadership capacity on Subcontract
Management Teams, provide vision to the Team, and guide the Team to
subcontract management higher levels of achievement.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all
levels of the organization.
- Extensive FAR/DFAR knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Prior experience as a subcontracts management professional at a
1st or 2nd tier Aerospace & Defense contractor preferred.
- Technical aptitude and/or technical degree preferred.
- Industry recognized certification in Supply Chain, Contracts or
Program Management preferred.
- Capture or proposal lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success driving win-win supplier
negotiations preferred.Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.A current DoD clearance
and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for
this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for
submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be
able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to
this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security
Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability
to obtain the required security clearance or government customer
access associated with this position.Relocation for this position
is available.Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Subcontract Manager, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!