Director of Accounting, Shared Services
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether youre looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.Job
Classification: Year RoundJob Type: Full TimeLocation:
BroomfieldVail Resorts is literally re-imagining an entire
industry. To do that, we are hiring and developing brave, ambitious
and passionate people who possess a sense of urgency, who never
settle, and who are seeking a professional experience of a
lifetime. Working at Vail Resorts is about integrating who you are
with what you do, aligning your ambitions with your passions, and
pushing yourself to your fullest potential.As a publicly-traded
company that has a strong focus on growth, organically and through
acquisition, we are seeking individuals who are willing to explore
every part of their work and every part of themselves to find new
ways to make a meaningful impact on our fast-paced, growing
business.Our Corporate Accounting team is hiring a new leader to
become the Director of Shared Services. This team drives
centralization of transactional processes within our corporate
headquarters in Broomfield, CO. Our Shared Services organization
works closely with the CAO and senior management team to drive
further scalability in anticipation of maintaining our growth
trajectory. The Director, Shared Services reports to the Senior
Director of Shared Services and is based in the Companys
Broomfield, Colorado headquarters.Job Summary:This role is integral
in providing strategic and business leadership to continue building
and re-imagining the global shared services function and to drive
process transformation in our transactional processing activities.
The goals of the transformation will be to operate a consolidated,
sustainable & efficient global shared services organization with a
focus on increasing the level of scalability as Vail Resorts
continues to grow. Specifically, the transformation will include
improving business processes, driving results by providing greater
transparency into service level agreements, creating efficiencies
through innovative solutions, with a focus on standardization,
process optimization and improved governance.Job
- Lead and continue to develop and re-imagine a sustainable
Global Shared Services Finance organization and processes that are
clearly aligned with the business strategy.
- Primary areas of leadership include:
- AR Credit, Billing & Collections
- Accounts Payable accurate and timely payments including
- Credit Card Transaction Processing
- Oversee the design, development, and deployment of standard
processes across the shared service organization
- Monthly reconciliation and review responsibilities
- Monthly journal entry preparation and review
- Partner with other Finance executives and their respective
teams to maintain and enhance the existing processes in the global
Finance shared services center.
- Identify opportunities across Finance organization to support
process efficiency and automation opportunities that could be
integrated into shared service organization
- Act as a point of escalation for finance and business process
owners and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus
on simplifying and standardizing them.
- Benchmark shared services organization against other companies
to identify and implement process improvements.
- Align the shared services organization structure and processes
as well as employee skills and responsibilities to stakeholder
- Develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLAs with a
focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency
to the internal customers with the use of monthly metrics.
- Implement a governance structure so that we improve alignment
with key stakeholders.
- Improve internal control environment to more efficiently
monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
- Contribute to the shared leadership of the Controllers
organization by participating as one of five key leaders in the
organization, cultivating a culture of authentic leadership based
on candor, respect and dignity, while professionally challenging
each member of the team to the highest standard of professionalism
- Evaluate, prioritizes, and overseas deployment of relevant
enabling technology.Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive/management work experience
in the shared services & transformation.
- CPA, MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills coupled with
- Proven track record and a good level of comfort with driving
innovation & leading organizational changes.
- Experience building and leading highly effective teams.
- Seasoned leadership capabilities with a focus on coaching
individuals/teams to reach their potential.We offer a variety of
career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate
headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance &
Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public
Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and
more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and
a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the
world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.comVail Resorts is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.VRACTRequisition ID 212147
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Broomfield , Director of Accounting, Shared Services, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!