LEAD INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The CenturyLink Threat Research team is looking for an experienced
security analyst to identify, track, and summarize emerging threats
on the internet. We need your skills to help research, understand,
and identify emerging threats that are at the forefront of todays
cybersecurity current events.
We are searching for a Security Research Engineer that has broad
knowledge of threats, and a desire to learn even more. You will
help us stay on top of emerging problems and track the worlds
botnets that pose a threat to the internet and our customers. If
you have a passion for making the internet a safer place, and a
love of working with cutting edge technologies, this is the job you
have been looking for. Ideally, candidates will be based in the
Denver Metro area, but remote locations in the U.S. are available
for the right candidates.Job Description
- Administration of SIEM Platforms (Splunk, IBM QRadar, ArcSight,
LogRythm, McAfee ESM, Microsoft OMS, etc.)
- Develop custom content in SIEM Platforms
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and
implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of custom
correlation rules, reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes performance and overall health of SIEM platform.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that
meet security requirements (relating to SIEM solutions and event
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical
problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in
solving these problems.
- Technology escalation point for SIEM and underlying event
- Manage endpoint security solution suites
- Meet clients operational and security goals utilizing cloud
products and technologies
- Perform Incident Response per the clients Incident Response
- Develop custom correlation, reports, and dashboards.
- Implementation and testing of custom parsers
- Configure and tune SIEM platform to ensure optimal
- Provide expertise in event collection and parsing related to
- Asses existing SIEM platform and identify key system flaws and
areas of improvement
- Perform annual assessment of SIEM configuration and custom
- Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical
projects (such as materials to support an architecture review
- Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review /
regulatory discussions related to the specific project being
- Help establish baseline and plan for improvement of a large
enterprise deployment of SIEM and event collection platform.
- 10+ years of IT Security experience with Bachelors Degree, or
equivalent education and experience; 8+ year of IT Security
experience with Masters Degree
- Expert in one of the following SIEM platforms: Splunk, IBM
QRadar, ArcSight, LogRythm, McAfee ESM, Microsoft OMS
- Experience writing custom parsers
- Exposure to at least one industry standard data parsing
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and
innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology
and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where
- Security certification desired
- Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols,
computer/network security, and system administration.
- Advanced knowledge of event collection technologies.
- Background in INFOSEC operations, endpoint management, and
- Windows and Linux skills desired
- Linux scripting skills desired
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 217296
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , LEAD INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!