CDN Test Automation Engineer
Posted on: August 12, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
This role is for a QA/Test Automation engineer within CenturyLinks
Content Delivery Network (CDN) Provisioning development team.
Centurylinks CDN is responsible for delivering some of the most
highly visible content across the global internet. The systems we
support are critical in the provisioning and configuration of our
CDN. We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join
our team. Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of
experience that includes network knowledge, Linux systems
knowledge, QA experience with large/complex codebases, and some
development or test automation experience.Job Description
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Working with the project team to define the scope for testing
within the context of each sprint / delivery.
- Understanding the features to a degree that would allow you to
scope specific test cases both manual and automated.
- Performing ad hoc / exploratory testing in a detailed and
methodical manner to ensure systems are working as designed.
- Troubleshooting and documenting defects in a clear, concise,
and repeatable manner
- Documenting test results needed for our certification
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our teams QA best
- 2 - 5 years of related experience with a bachelors degree or
equivalent education and relevant experience
- 1 - 2+ years with a masters degree
- Experience testing large, complex codebases (acceptance,
functional, regression, end-to-end and exploratory) in an Agile
- Automated Testing Experience
- Experience w/ programing/scripting languages (e.g. Python
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software
- Enthusiastic individual with an attitude of team
- Strong analytical skills and a deep interest/curiosity for
learning new things and doing things better.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong ability to drive large projects to completion on
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with the following tools: Postman, SOAPUI, Jenkins,
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-Thousand Oak;
Requisition #: 214324
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , CDN Test Automation Engineer, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!