Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Company: Hunter Douglas Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
DescriptionPosition at Hunter Douglas Window FashionsPosted:April2,
2019Environmental Health and Safety EngineerHunter Douglas is proud
to be an OSHA VPP Star Site. TheEnvironmental Health andSafety
Engineerwill play an integral role inworkplace safety andcontinue
tomove theorganization forward inits legacy safety culture. This
position will include:Developing,implementingand maintainingsafe
machines and processes that promote a safe work environment.
Responsible for implementing company standards, policies and
procedures relating to production andengineering safety, striving
for continuous improvement. Provideguidance to engineers,
automation controls, and maintenance employees for safety of
equipment, machines, processes and systems. Manage environmental
programs and industrial hygiene.Responsibilities:
- Implements the EHS Programs and System to support VPP program
- Ensures an acceptable level of safety is implemented in the
design and throughout the life cycle of production equipment.
Prepares and interprets machine safety design requirements. Leads
risk assessment process for machine safety, applying hierarchy of
controls for minimizing risks. Evaluate machine electrical system
- Works with design and development engineers to achieve safety
design requirements for new machines that meet OSHA, NFPA, ANSI,
RIA, Hunter Douglas, and other relevant standards.
- Prepares safety documents including risk assessments,
inspections, and hazard analysis to document the safety evaluation
and risk assumed prior to operation/test of machinery.
- Manages environmental programs such as sustainability, EPCRA
reporting, recycling, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management.
Work with regulators, vendors, and internal constituents to meet
regulatory and business needs.
- Coordinates wastewater management best practices and facility
- Leads industrial hygiene program, combustible dust management,
and safe use of chemicals to protect employee health.
- Works in partnership with internal departments including
engineering, facilities, operations, maintenance, and human
resources. Maintain positive relationships with external entities
such as regulatory agencies, vendors and professional
- Monitors legislative changes, then assesses and makes
recommendations based on their potential impact to the business.
- Represents the company with regulatory agency representatives
- Contributes to EHS Department trainings and communications.
Responsible to develop or updatecontents of these trainings and
presentations and contributing to other communications sent by EHS
- Provides support to all employees in any EHS matter by acting
as technical and procedural resource.
- Helps to manage EHS files (electronic and hard
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent and two to threeyears
experiencewith EHS and machine safety within a
fabrication/manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the following: OSHA regulations, machine
safety standards, electrical safety, manufacturing processes,
industrial safety, mechanical engineering, robotics, environmental
regulations, recycling and waste management, industrial hygiene,
chemical use, wastewater management.
- Solid knowledgeof computer use and applications such as Word,
Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of the following: Project management in order
to establish timelines for various projects,report
writing,maintenance of statistical records, correct grammar usage
to compose, proofread and correct correspondence for spelling,
sentence construction, and punctuation errors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Abilitytofollow written and verbal directions,work with limited
supervision to complete assignments,deal with highly confidential
and sensitive information,demonstrate a high degree of
self-motivation and personal initiative to undertake and complete
work assignments,communicate complex information in a way that is
easy to understand for a wide range of audiences with different
levels of education, life experiences and understanding of English
as a second language,feel comfortable in presenting information
before medium and large sized groupings of employees,assign
priorities to work activities based upon situational pressures,
communicate technical information to non-technical
personnel,conduct accident investigations.What we doHunter Douglas,
the world s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic
architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading
innovation, and a family-oriented culture. Our nine-decade history
has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas
provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative,
and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.Hunter Douglas Window Fashions
Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder
and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus
encompasses756,000 square feetof office and manufacturing space.
Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary
and upscale productssuch as Duette Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette ,
Vignette , Nantucket Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers
.Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid
holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D,
dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement
contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance,
and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program,
adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical
therapists and more!
Keywords: Hunter Douglas Inc., Broomfield , Environmental Health and Safety Engineer, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!