Staff Engineer - Storage I/O
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Tintri builds storage. Those three words may not light your hair on fire --- but it's lighting up our customers' lives. They are all excited about the agility of public cloud-AWS, Azure, etc.-and Tintri puts all that agility right inside their data centers. That's no small feat. To deliver on that promise, we had to build an all-flash architecture that is completely distinct from legacy solutions-using a building block approach akin to public cloud. And it's just one signal that at Tintri, employees get to work on projects that are well --- unconventional, challenging and high impact. The desire to stand apart has also helped Tintri get noticed. CDW is the biggest reseller in the business-we were just named their Partner of the Year. In both Gartner Magic Quadrants covering our space we're recognized as a Visionary. And we're growing: more than 1,000 organizations-including 20% of the Fortune 100-trust Tintri. Please consider trusting the next stage of your career to Tintri, too.This is a Storage IO Engineer role with expertise in Linux Device Drivers role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality systems software for our purpose-built storage appliance. Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing the Systems Software that powers Tintri's products.
- Define and implement requirements analysis, design, estimation, implementation, unit testing and maintenance for product and platform features.
- Strong HW and SW troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems including SW workarounds to HW bugs.
- Work with various OEM/ODM vendors for resolving storage related HW/FW issues
- Participate in design discussions and design/code reviews.
- Develop software in C, C++, Python for our Linux-based appliance platform.
- Engage with Tintri's customer support and assist with customer cases.
- Work independently as well as in team roles, including project leadership. Requirements
- At least 10+ years of industry experience with Storage device drivers and SCSI stack.
- Must have extensive experience in the Linux SCSI subsystem (all the 3 layers)
- Must have strong hand's-on knowledge in Linux SES commands
- Must have solid expertise in SCSI/SAS protocols
- Must have strong understanding of Linux/Unix OS internals including locking and semaphores, multiprocessor and multithreaded architectures, bottom-halves, inter-process communication,interrupt handling, etc.
- Should have work experience in one or more SAS HBA driver(s)
- Should have debugging (collecting SAS/SATA traces) experiences with 3rd party vendor HW (Ex: Expanders, HBA's, Drives)
- Should have working knowledge on using GDB and crash tools
- Optionally should have working knowledge in disk drive technologies (SATA or SAS)
- Optionally should have experience with analyzing S.M.A.R.T or disk health monitoring
- Experience with new hardware bring-up is a plus.
- Should be an expert in C, C++ and scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) and the Linux/UNIX programming environment.
- Should posses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent; Master of Science or higher preferred. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tintri, Broomfield , Staff Engineer - Storage I/O, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!