Cultural Resources Technician
Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About the opportunitySWCA is looking for a Cultural Resources
Technician based out of our Denver office to assist with a variety
of projects across the US. Project will largely be supporting our
other offices through the winter, with work in Colorado, Wyoming,
North Dakota, South Dakota, and Kansas starting in the spring.
Project work may include pedestrian survey, excavation, monitoring,
shovel test survey, site recording, and National Register of
Historic Places evaluation; candidates with applicable experience
and/or demonstrable writing skills may also have opportunities to
help with reporting, site form completion, and curation tasks. This
is an on-call, hourly position that will also work with SWCAs other
offices across the country. Pay ranges from $19.69-$25.99/hour
commensurate with experience and role, with overtime paid at
time-and-a-half, $59 per diem, paid sick time accrual, and single
occupancy lodging for non-local projects. The right candidates may
qualify for regular status with benefits.What you will
- Perform archaeological survey, NRHP evaluation, excavation,
monitoring, data collection, and documentation in accordance with
applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and
- Perform digital photography, use electronic data-collection
tools and GIS mapping applications
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with project
- Depending on experience, maintain written daily survey,
monitoring, or site-recordation logs, and provide daily email
updates to project management
- Depending on experience, assist project managers with
preparation of technical reports -
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times and
during all interactions with project personnel
- Follow and comply with SWCA and client safety guidelines and
- Demonstrate and maintain SWCAs high standard of scientific
ethics and quality assurance, and have the awareness to identify
and resolve challenges in creative waysExperience and
qualifications for success
- A bachelors degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a
closely related field is required.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent
experience is required; field schools focusing on North American
archaeological methods and cultural resources management are
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CRM and a range of field
methodologies (survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring) is
preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for
long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often
at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies
weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Ability to be listed on state and federal cultural resource
permits is preferred.
- Experience collecting field data using tablets and Esri
software is preferred.
- Technical writing skills, including demonstrated experience
preparing technical reports in a CRM context is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail and will have
strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and
demonstrate ability to coordinate effectively with SWCA senior
staff and other project personnel.
- Must be motivated and able to work safely and cooperatively
with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work extended field rotations (up to 12 days at
a time) and travel accordingly.
- Current valid drivers license and the ability to safely operate
a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads are required.
- Dependable, respectful, organized, proactive, and on-time.SWCA
Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm,
providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices
across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental
compliance firms and ranks among -Engineering News-Records -Top 200
Environmental Firms.If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
online application process due to a disability, please email
-firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact
information is for disability accommodation requests only. All
other inquiries will not receive a response. - -SWCA is committed
to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. -
In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges
on all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and
transparency. -An employee in this Denver office -based position
can expect a salary of $19.69 - 25.99/hr. Actual pay within this
range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic
location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors
permitted by law. - Regular-status employees are also eligible for
performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider
SWCAs Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits
package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding
corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more. -EOE
- women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are
encouraged to apply. -#SWCA-IND -#LI-NP1
Keywords: SWCA Environmental Consultants, Broomfield , Cultural Resources Technician, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!