Senior Lead Information Security Engineer - Broomfield, CO
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
We are currently seeking a Senior Lead Engineer of Information
Security, to join the Global Security organization. In this role,
you will be a key member of a team that builds technology to
protect the world's largest companies, governments, and millions of
homes from advanced security threats - while maximizing our
competitiveness in the market. We are looking for a skilled,
hands-on engineer with career interest in security and motivation
to own the engineering testing, certification and design of Lumen
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Customer Focused - Experience with supporting large customer
networks and dynamic requests, with a focus on understanding
technical requirements and meeting short deadlines.
* Security Product Engineering - Researches, evaluates, engineers,
develops, troubleshoots, and supports solutions and infrastructure
for the company's Managed Security portfolio, including endpoint
security and integration with the IP network elements.
* Technical Documentation and Test Procedures - Defines and
executes repeatable test procedures, creation of technical
documentation and delivery of scalable standards for all
implementation, provisioning and support functions.
* Solution Design - Responsibility for independent engineering
design to include collaboration with the Product Management,
Product Development, Architecture and Tier1 and Tier2 Operations
staff on engineering design, testing and operational implementation
of complex security solutions.
* Develop New Capabilities - Independently, and collaboratively,
provides input regarding network and security infrastructure
capabilities and future possibilities to conceptualize new products
* Improve Existing Processes - Assesses security operational
processes to identify opportunities to optimize, enhance and
automate processes to achieve the greatest impact.
* Security Product Support - Ensure ongoing scale, management and
monitoring of deployed solutions.
* Lifecycle Management - Define process and support all platform
lifecycle management, to include the yearly audit functions, end of
lifecycle platform, customer migration and equipment
* Vendor Relations - Develops partnerships with key equipment
suppliers. Communicates requirements, guidance and vision to the
vendor community to develop, implement and support security
* Demonstrate Company's Values - maintains a positive open
demeanor, encourages different points of view; provides timely
information; communicates context for business decisions; fosters
teamwork and collaboration.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Must possess broad technical knowledge of current and emerging
technologies used both within the service provider security, data
center, and network infrastructure.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to
successfully interact as a member of the engineering team and
effectively collaborate in a diverse, multi-functional
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage vendor and contract
resources in the best interests of the Company .
* Experience using industry leading security solutions and
technologies to deliver customer facing services:
* Access control and firewalls/UTM devices including Web
Application Firewall (WAF), Web Content Filtering, Intrusion
Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS) systems, Remote Network Access
(IPsec VPN, SSL), Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam (AV/AS), Email and
* Distributed Denial of Service Architecture (DDoS), Flow and
* Experience with integrated network architectures, data center
architectures, and cloud technologies.
* Must have current, hands-on experience with Fortinet platforms.
Experience with chassis-based and/or ultra-high end (100G)
* Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet,
* 10+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and
experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management
or security operations.
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
field, or equivalent experience.
* Strong preference to candidates with SOC (Security Operations
Center) engineering and deployment experience.
* Working experience with Managed Security Services platforms and
solutions, such as multitenant log management, vulnerability
scanning and reporting, e-mail security, key/certificate
management, customer security service portal, etc.
* Working experience with data center platforms, such as service
provider edge/core devices, Ethernet switch platforms, load
* Experience with software development, and automation of testing,
troubleshooting and provisioning tasks.
* Understanding of SD-WAN functionality and experience with
specific SD-WAN platforms.
* Professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, CISM or
* Knowledge of project management practices and experience with
agile development process.
Requisition #: 247575
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *97740
* Salary Max : *217680
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales
compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information[
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you
move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking [
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Range *Salary Min : *97740
* Salary Max : *217680
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Senior Lead Information Security Engineer - Broomfield, CO, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!