Engineer Senior - Satellite Ground SEIT
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Engineer Senior - Satellite Ground SEIT Ground SEIT
Engineer in support of design, development, test and operation of
space vehicles and ground systems for commercial, DoD, NASA and
other customers. What You'll Do:
- Mission design, development and testing of ground system.
- Establish customer needs and develop them into
Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and
schedule parameters to execute projects.
- Managed ground system development for software and hardware
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to
respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings,
technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Lead a collaborative team comprised of systems engineers,
I&T and Transition team members, as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs and tracking Action Items.
- Support to operational validation of releases, database
maintenance, user administration, investigation of system anomalies
and the raising, tracking and regression testing of Anomaly
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft
- Experience supporting system engineering of ground systems
development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including
operations concept development, requirements management, functional
analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or
verification and validation.
- Experience in mission management, command & control and mission
data processing domains.
- Experience of ground Integration and Test activities including
test planning, procedure writing and execution.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management
efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering,
hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality
engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis,
documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication
skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group
- Effectiveness in working with people at all levels and with
outside customers, able and willing to contribute wherever and
however needed, provide leadership and guidance to program
activities and staff. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP--IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Senior - Satellite Ground SEIT, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!