Senior Engineer - Mission Architect
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. This technical position is for an experienced systems
engineer with experience with mission analysis, working with
mission architects, and who is creative, flexible, and comfortable
handling many diverse and sometimes open-ended assignments. What
- Provide engineering support across multiple and diverse new
business pursuits by developing concepts to meet customer space
- Provide systems engineering to technical teams to define
architectures for complex systems including spacecraft,
instruments, ground, and missions.
- Objectively define, execute, and report on trade studies that
provide data for decision making to our customers.
- Develop metrics to evaluate concepts that represent mission
utility for the customer.
- Creatively apply our heritage and expertise to solve customer
problems in novel and cost-effective ways.
- Mentor other systems engineers in mission systems engineering
and architecture development.
- Prepare and give presentations to
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus--8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- MS in Physics/Engineering Systems or a related technical field
is strongly preferred.
- Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience with electro-optics and/or photonics preferred.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and
customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience
working with critical customer base, established relationships with
key personnel within customer community.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in
relevant business environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing mission
concepts, including space, launch, and ground components.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of hardware program
execution, including early planning, design reviews, manufacture,
assembly, integration, test, sell-off, and on-orbit mission
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, concept of operations,
requirement allocation, change management, verification and
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation
experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP--IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Engineer - Mission Architect, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!