Service Desk Engineer
Company: GPL Technologies
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Service Desk Engineer - GPL Technologies
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of
talented professionals in entertainment, media and post production
information technology. Our clients are movie studios, VFX shops
and online streaming media companies. We empower creatives to
Our mission is to provide powerful, reliable, and innovative
technology services and leadership to creative companies by
combining specialized industry expertise with excellence in
engineering. Our vision is to expand GPL's presence globally,
building an elite force of technology specialists focused on
empowering creatives to achieve new heights.
- Please note this position requires on-site visits with clients
from time to time*
The ideal person for this position is a person with technical
skills as a front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude,
patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful; a
fulfilling career with a great team and upward mobility is the
reward. We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, hands-on, and
thrive in a fast-paced support or help desk environment.
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote
assistance and when required, go on-site to resolve issues.
- Triage client issues and rapidly resolve or escalate to Project
Engineers or Senior Engineers.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction of delivery of services,
responses to request, and escalation management.
- Creation of scripts for automated repetitive processes.
- Validate backup scripts and data integrity.
- Perform day to day system administration of client
environments, including but not limited to system monitoring,
troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in out ticketing system. Work
with senior engineers to ensure client environments are healthy and
SLA goals are met.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing
- Active Directory administration, user/group management, GPO,
DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Basic Networking - Firewall rules, switch VLAN and ACL
configuration, wireless and troubleshooting.
- Windows/Mac/Linux everyday tasks and endpoint
- Comprehensive Office 365 support abilities.
- VMware and SANs support.
- Virtualized System Administration (knowledge in VMware and
- Advance experience in working remotely and in person.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation abilities, writing and
- Utilize remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot
and fix issues.
- Understands license servers and how to add licenses and reset
- Preferred but not mandatory certifications Microsoft
Certifications, Cisco, Red Hat, Linux+, Aerohive ACWA, Aruba ACMA,
Palo Alto PCNSE, EMC ISA, Dell Certifications, ITIL
- Assist and maintain "golden" images for common workstation
If you're interested in improving and exceeding your professional
and financial career goals and want to work with some of the
industry's best, contact us about joining our team.
GPL CORE VALUES
- We take care of each other and our clients
- Agility is our edge
- Creative problem solvers
- Cool under pressure Clarity
- Clarity, Confidence, Commitment
Keywords: GPL Technologies, Broomfield , Service Desk Engineer, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!