Senior Network Security Engineer - St Paul, MN/Broomfield, CO
Posted on: February 22, 2021
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its
best when technology advances the way we live and work. With
450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60
countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for
applications and data to help businesses, government and
communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's
network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration
solutions and our purpose to further human progress through
technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn:/lumentechnologies,
Facebook:/lumentechnologies, and YouTube:/lumentechnologies. The
Role This position is a senior role implementing Managed Security
Services (MSS) in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment.
The SOC function is to provide customers with constant monitoring,
protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting
and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple
sources. This position will be responsible for providing the
technical expertise to design and implement operational support for
DDOS mitigation. What We Look For in a Candidate Competency
- Acts in a multi-discipline project leadership role working
towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems
- Frequent contact with customers, contractors, sales team, and
other internal teams for the purpose of assessing complex
requirements and issues.
- Represents the IT Security Services organization as a technical
advisor with customers.
- Performs a project/process lead role within department.
Formally mentors and/or trains lower-level engineers and peers
within the department.
- Combines leadership and teaching skills across diverse
disciplines in order to resolve unique, complex and/or chronic
technical problems or issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research
investigate and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and
difficult in nature.
- A high degree of discretion
- Excellent organization, planning and follow-up skills.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and an individual who is
able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of
technical and non-technical staff
- Candidate is considered a SME in DDoS operations.Security
- Knowledge of DDoS mitigation technologies - cloud, network, CPE
- is desired. Arbor Networks/Radware expertise is a plus. Merging
global operational support across on-net, off-net, and CPE-based
products. Experience with multiple types of DDoS countermeasures
(ie - vendor specific, flowspec, rate limiting, etc.) is
- Expertise with Routers and Switches (ie - Juniper, CISCO), BGP
routing, VRF/MPLS routing, static routing, Router configs, network
load balancers, network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Troubleshooting skills of GRE, BGP, and Network/routers
- RADb and Arin experience/knowledge
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6
- Expert knowledge of Packet inspection, ports, and
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics
background is a plus. The ability to provide consulting, policy
reviews, training, security audits and advisories, as well as
support for malware/DDoS attacks, internal compromises, and other
malicious events will be part of this skill set.
- Implementation of Cloud based and CPE based DDoS services.
- Participated in DDoS architecture projects
- Sound Unix/Linux background
- Any Scripting knowledge would be desiredAcadamic and Work
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equal work experience
- Security/Network related certifications preferredRequisition #:
233632EEO StatementWe are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry,
citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability,
genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in
any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.DisclaimerThe above job definition
information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and
responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business
needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Senior Network Security Engineer - St Paul, MN/Broomfield, CO, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!