Sr Information Security Engineer- Federal Security Operations Center - Broomfield, CO / St Paul, MN
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The Role This position is a lead role
implementing Managed Security Services (MSS) in a Global Security
Operations Center (Global SOC) environment in a 24x7x365
environment. The SOC function is to provide customers with Network
and Security Engineering solutions, constant monitoring,
protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting
and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple
sources. This position will be responsible for providing the
technical support to help design and implement the multiple tasks
associated with the following federal programs: Networx – MTIPS and
the follow-on program EIS - MTIPS and MSS. The position will also
be responsible for looking holistically at Federal SOC technical
processes, across all Federal Security Operations and Engineering
Teams, to identify opportunities for automation. The automation
will primarily be leveraging an abstraction layer that will allow
for consistent and safe computer command execution across the
multitude of security platform types and multiple thousands of
security elements. This position will also be responsible for
training the next generation of Federal SOC Engineers and Analysts
so we can scale the digital transformation mindset and skillset
closer to the front lines, and ultimately have highly skilled
engineers in the Federal SOC automating as many front line
functions as possible for scale.The Main Responsibilities
- Lead team towards the development of new solutions, processes,
tools, systems that have company-wide and possibly industry-wide
- Lead the Federal SOC team in the direction of automation and
Dev Ops mindset.
- Point of contact with senior leadership of customers and
contractors for the purpose of creating and presenting innovative
long-term solutions, managing key relationships, and maintaining a
high level of customer satisfaction. Acts as a resource to develop
solutions or handle the most complex tasks for which existing
methods and procedures may not apply.
- Provides consultation and advice to engineers and management
regarding work functions, processes, methods, procedures, and
tools. Develops and delivers technical and process training in
areas of expertise and innovative areas of technology.
- Maintains an industry-wide perspective on emerging and evolving
technologies and implementations, in order to ensure corporate
- Candidate is considered a SME in 3 or more of the listed
security and technical requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education with 8+ years related
- Candidate must be willing to apply for government suitability
and/or clearance status.What We Look For in a Candidate
- Candidate must have the following levels of expertise:
- Well-versed in BGP routing protocol and configuration.
- Well-versed in MPLS Networks.
- Well-versed in Cisco and/or Juniper routers and switches.
- Good understanding of UTM firewall capabilities (Fortinet
- Technical Network architecture and design background.
- Ability to translate and summarize technical issues to senior
- Good project management skills to prepare MOPs (Methods of
Procedure) for scheduled maintenance involving CTL, customer, and
- Ability to pull teams together and guide them through the
process of isolation complex network issues.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, and/or CISSP certifications. Vendor
- Experience in Automation orchestration technologies: such as
Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience in Coding languages: such as Python, C/C++, and
- DDoS Mitigation - experience in any DDoS mitigation application
is desired; Arbor background is a plus.
- UTM firewall - expertise with all aspects of stateful firewall
features and functionality desired. Expertise desired but not
limited to the areas VPN, address translation, URL filtering,
content inspection, content reporting, configuration and change
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics
background is a plus. The ability to provide consulting, policy
reviews, training, security audits and advisories, will be part of
this skill set.
- Use of any SIEM (Security Incident and Event Manager)
application is desired – Splunk experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of any IPS applications is desired – Sourcefire,
SNORT, and /or Fortinet experience is desired. Event analysis via
SIEM or vendor application is desired.
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning products. Knowledge in
Tenable and/or Qualys is desirable. Implementation of both internal
and external scanning for premise and network based services,
identification of vulnerabilities with recommended actions, and
deliverables via multiple options (i.e. – email, pager, web,
conference calls, etc).
- On-Call responsibility.Requisition #: 238393EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, -protected statuses-). -We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. -Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Sr Information Security Engineer- Federal Security Operations Center - Broomfield, CO / St Paul, MN, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!