Solutions Engineer Academy - College Connect - Nationwide
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
* Be a part of our mission to further human progress through
technology. Help us boost innovation and accelerate business as we
enable companies to capitalize on emerging technologies of the 4th
Are you a driven and highly motivated recent or new grad with a
passion for technology and working with customers? Start an AMAZING
career with Lumen and join our July 2021 Solutions Engineer
Academy, a College Connect sales development program.
Our Solutions Engineer (SE) academy was designed to put you on a
path towards a successful career within a sales organization.
Beginning with 12 weeks of immersive training & development to
build your business acumen, sales and product knowledge,
professional network, and customer-centric mindset. Upon successful
completion of the class, trainees will transition into a [Solutions
Support Associate role within a major sales market; Arizona,
California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska, North
Carolina, Texas, Virginia/DC area, Wisconsin.]()
About the SE Academy Experience:
* 2-year development program
* Initial 12 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and
* Training class dates: July 12 - September 30, 2021 (virtual, work
* Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven
* Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and
solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market
* Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders and
business executives from all over the organization
* Upon completion of training, transition to a Solutions Support
role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado,
Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas,
Virginia/DC area, or Wisconsin.
* Continued support, development, and coaching in the field
* The Main Responsibilities*
Work within the greater sales ecosystem to develop and document
customer requirements, solution designs, service configurations,
and project scopes of work in support of the delivery of network
and IT solutions to business customers.
* Support and assist field Sales Engineering teams to identify and
develop additional revenue opportunities.
* Provide general discovery, support, and education to customers
and internal Lumen personnel on questions or issues arising from
* Research define and document service change requests where needed
in support of service modification.
* Work with customer and company personnel to help identify and
define technical. problems, determine and design the solution and
assist customer in implementing the fix.
* Uncover and define customer solution and business development
strategies, including the recommendation and communication of
technology roadmaps to business customers.
* Present Lumen capabilities, solution concepts, and technology
roadmaps to both internal and external audiences in both formal and
informal business settings.
* Participate in marketing and networking events and activities
with customer technical and business contacts.
* Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to Sales
Engineering leadership on where processes, services, tools, and
capabilities can be improved or evolved to ensure ongoing
improvement in efficiency and service innovation.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
Bachelor's Degree required. Business, Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Information Systems, Telecom, Networking, or similar
* Entry level opportunity ideal for new or recent graduates with
less than 2 years of experience.
* Basic understanding of communications, cloud, application, and
information technologies and design.
* Strong communication skills with ability to convey business and
technology concepts to a wide range of audiences and skillsets
* Comfortable speaking or presenting in an engaging manner to
groups of professionals.
* Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to
* Ability to show adaptability and resilience.
* Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individual, who can
define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work
* Passion for customer service and desire to understand and
introduce new technology to customer base.
* * Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available
for this program.*
* *Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted
from July 12th - Sept 30th, 2021.*
* What to Expect Next*
Sourcing candidates for future opportunities, this is to build a
source pool of qualified candidates for our July 2021 Solutions
Engineer Academy Class. Applicants will need to complete a video
interview within 5 days of application.
Requisition #: 242663
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background
screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug
screen), depending on the requirements for the position.
Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify
you from the new position or your current role. Background results
will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
* NOTE:* Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Solutions Engineer Academy - College Connect - Nationwide, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!