Cloud Data Engineer - Data Engineering - Broomfield, CO
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
As part of the Mass Markets Finance team this role primarily
focuses on delivering data solutions that directly support the
Finance organizations imperatives and the wider business. In this
role you will have ownership of the cloud data architecture and
platform for consumer and small business investment decisions. You
will be responsible for complete development life cycle delivering
ETL data pipelines and adding new capabilities to existing data
collection systems. You will be responsible for delivering highly
available systems on cutting edge technology platforms enabling
digitization by building API centric data driven applications.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Develop and support data pipelines (batch and near real time)
using Google Cloud Technologies.
* Building scalable data ingestion, ETL/ELT, and data warehousing
solutions using Dataproc/Spark on Java to be hosted on GCP.
* Experience in Cloud data ware-housing, preferably Google Cloud
* Contribute to the design and architecture of services and data
* Work with SQL or other scripting languages to access data across
a variety of databases.
* Design data models for use in transactional and big data
* Refactoring and re-platforming existing services from the legacy
internal platform to GCP
* Support continuous improvement in DevOps Automation.
* Collaborate with other teams to scope requirements and to build a
scalable enterprise data pipeline platform.
* Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Writing software for 3+ years using Java/Go
* Working with Google Cloud Platform (2+ years)
* Google Cloud certification preferred.
* Working in an Agile environment
* Working well with a team and displaying strong business
* Succeeding in an environment where some things stay the same
while others are rapidly changing
* MS / M Tech / BS / B Tech degree in Computer Science, related
technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
* Consulting level Typically with 6+ years of experience.
Bachelor's Degree. 4+ with a Master's Degree
* What to Expect Next*
Requisition #: 240239
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Cloud Data Engineer - Data Engineering - Broomfield, CO, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!