Security Operations Center Engineer - Broomfield,CO/ St Paul,MN
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Federal SOC Information Security Engineers will provide monitoring,
triage, and escalation support for internal Federal SOC and
External Customer operations. The SOC Information Security
Engineers will work shifts to provide 24x7x365 coverage. SOC
Information Security Engineers will work in tandem with other
Information Security Engineers in the Global SOC and Federal NOC
*The Main Responsibilities*
* Review Global SOC Shift end Summary and SOC activity logs,
emails, tickets, cases and other monitoring tools for complete
understanding of previous shift activities and incidents with the
goal of maintaining the highest level of customer service by
keeping track of the critical customer impacting issue.
* Provide monitoring and responding to alerts and events within
SLAs. Services and systems include but not limited to Splunk
(internal/external SIEM), DDOS- Distributed Denial of Services
mitigation, Firewalls alerts (MTIPS and MSS), TrendMicro Anti
Virus, Tripwire File Integrity Checks, IDS/IPS for customers.
* Monitor multiple ticketing systems and queues. Ensure tickets are
created and notated within SLAs
* Login to phone call queues to answer both internal and external
* Triage DDOS attacks targeted on Federal Customers.
* Work closely with FedNOC, the Federal SOC Tier II and Ops Eng
* Escalate issues to Vendors, SOC Tier II and Ops Engineers as soon
as there is a need
* Adhere to all defined processes and procedures.
* Provide process and operational improvement suggestions.
* Performs a long-term project leadership role working towards the
development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems that have
company-wide and possibly industry-wide impacts.
* Frequent contact with senior leadership of customers and
contractors for the purpose of creating and presenting innovative
long-term solutions and managing key relationships. Acts as a
resource within the engineering and scientific communities to
develop solutions or handle the most complex tasks for which
existing methods and procedures may not apply.
* Provides consultation and advice to Federal customers, engineers
and management regarding work functions, processes, methods,
procedures, and tools. Develops and delivers technical and process
training, including, documentation in areas of expertise and
innovative areas of technology.
*What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
field, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
* Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable
professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT,
GISEC, CISM or CISA.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with
presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as
* Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies
used both within the corporate infrastructure and in delivering
customer facing services.
* Experience in performing security risk assessments and
application, system, and network security.
* Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory
obligations (ISO 27001/27002, SOX, PCI, NIST Framework, FISMA,
FedRAMP, HIPAA, NACHA, and SSAE-16).
* Experience in network and/or firewall engineering,
administration, design and implementation including experience in
applying methodologies and principles for all levels of
* Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to
minimize risk and data exposure.
* Application development and/or source code review experience in
C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, Python, or Java.
* Knowledge of project management practices.
* Experience in large Enterprise data centers and/or networks.
Requisition #: 233051
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Security Operations Center Engineer - Broomfield,CO/ St Paul,MN, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!