Activation Technician III-Broomfield, CO
Posted on: January 15, 2021
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its
best when technology advances the way we live and work. With
450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60
countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for
applications and data to help businesses, government and
communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's
network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration
solutions and our purpose to further human progress through
technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies,
Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. The
Role This position will be responsible for the testing of layer 1
and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and
occasionally 3, including private line services; DWDM Optical
Wavelengths, Ethernet, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS),
Virtual Private Network (VPN), DIA, Voice, Security, Managed
Services and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) suite of
products. Responsibilities will also include product and systems
knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations,
pre-testing/testing, troubleshooting, activation and post
activation with field operations and customers. The Main
- Complete testing and installation of DWDM Optical Wavelength
circuits by working with field operations to deliver a high-quality
product for our customers.
- Perform hotcuts/changes/modifications of DWDM Optical
Wavelength circuits while working with field operations and other
internal partner groups as needed.
- Proficiently process orders according to service level
agreement (SLAs), M&P's, On-Time Performance objectives and
- Maintain and support the network infrastructure.
- Update all systems and databases with careful attention to
- Provide accurate and consistent internal and external
communication during established intervals using phone, email, and
project management tool notes.
- Leverages knowledge to provide support to peers and provides
new hire training.
- Organize and complete special projects assigned by
- Utilize flexible scheduling to work outside of normal business
hours in support of customer requests.
- Provide top level escalation support for Leadership
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key
stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements,
understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies,
ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
- Maintain a commitment to safe practices and hold others equally
- Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe
with a high degree of quality.
- Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of
information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously. What We
Look For in a Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant
- 7+ years of related experience or equivalent.
- May require technical certification.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network
- Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs.
- Intermediate experience with implementation of Circuits: DS1,
DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM.Preferred Qualifications:
- Telecommunications or other relative field of study/work.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing
with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
- Intermediate knowledge of Open Systems Intercommunication
model, working knowledge of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing
(DWDM), fundamental knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS,
Internet Protocol, and Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR).
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN, and ISP) and some
- Fundamental knowledge of all DWDM/SONET/Ethernet Topologies.
What to Expect Next Based on your job application information you
may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview
immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions
for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges.
Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be
considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries,
we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video
interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5
days of your application date.Requisition #: 239937When applying
for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal
records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending
on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in
the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or
your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a
case-by-case basis.EEO StatementWe are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color,
ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status,
disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.DisclaimerThe above job definition
information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and
responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business
needs and conditions. Salary RangeSalary Min $51210 Salary Max
$114120 This information reflects the anticipated base salary range
for this position based on current national data. Minimums and
maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on
skills, experience and other relevant factors.This position is
eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation.
Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term
incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view
additional information here. We're able to answer any additional
questions you may have as you move through the selection process.As
part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting .Note: For
union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by
applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Activation Technician III-Broomfield, CO, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!