Cyber Security Infrastructure Engineer Threat Visibility - Broomfield
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and
YouTube: /lumentechnologies.The Role Lumen Technologies has an
immediate need for a Lead Information Security Engineer who can
help design, engineer, build, deploy, and support infrastructure
solutions that expand visibility for searching out and identifying
cyber threats. The person selected will complete tasks to implement
desired strategies assigned by a team leader or manager with some
oversight. She/he will have good communications skills and some
experience in presenting technical issues to a wide variety of
audiences. In addition, the candidate needs technical knowledge of
current and emerging technologies. The Main Responsibilities
- Investigate, engineer, deploy, troubleshoot, & support
technologies to monitor network and host systems for cyber threats
and alert incident response.
- Collaborate with other Lumen organizations and teams for
support in meeting team goals (e.g. system deployment).
- Perform system and application administration for Corporate
Security infrastructure to ensure availability, capability, and
stability required to support incident response functions.
- Perform system and application tuning for maximum effectiveness
and minimizing false notifications.
- Automation of work functions and capabilities.
- Assist with management of vendors for meeting Lumen needs and
- Develop and maintain metrics that show value and improvement
for technologies and processes.
- Create and analyze utilization statistics of systems to
identify causes for system degradations as well as recommend
required system enhancements for business case and budget
- Perform upgrading, patching, hardening, user access
permissions, and routine maintenance of Security infrastructure
- Develop and support tools and programs for other Information
- Develop / modify and follow associated corporate and workgroup
processes applicable to the role (e.g. change and outage
management). What We Look For in a Candidate
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related
field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of relevant security & computing system administration,
virtualization, configuration, and support experience of Linux
- 5 years of network design, support, and troubleshooting
(router, firewall, switch, TAP, ---) experience.
- Excellent understanding of common computing platforms,
including Windows, Linux, and vendor specific appliances.
- Experience in analyzing general system processing throughput,
utilization, and capacity.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work
in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with excellent verbal
and written communication skills.
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable
professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP. Desirable
- Application and/or scripting development experience
- Familiar with Atlassian Confluence use and support
- Familiar with Ansible Open Source Automation
- Experience with large enterprise data centers and/or networks.
What to Expect Next Requisition #: 232913EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Cyber Security Infrastructure Engineer Threat Visibility - Broomfield, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!