Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer - Virtual
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and
YouTube: /lumentechnologies.The Role Applies advanced engineering
and network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to
solve unusually complex problems and issues. The Main
- Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and
innovative principles, processes and applications.
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under
limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range
- Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or
customer network environment, including planning, designing,
evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and
configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain
operation across all platforms.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and
software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as subject
matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new
- Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the
technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work
leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks. What
We Look For in a Candidate
- Consulting Level Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
Typically with 8+ years of experience.
- 6+ years of experience with Master's Degree.
- Container orchestration frameworks/technologies - Kubernetes,
Docker, Calico, Ngnix, Istio, Consul, Rook, Prometheus, Grafana,
- Cloud Engineering in Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google
Cloud Platform using CloudFormation, Azure ARM templates,
- Distributes Data platforms/technologies - Cloudera, DataStax,
MongoDB, Couchbase Confluent Kafka, Solr Cloud, Talend, Tibco,
- Infrastructure Automation pipelines using DevOps tools/
technologies like Ansible, Salt Stack, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus,
- Full lifecycle API Management technologies like Google Apigee
Gateway, CA API Gateway
- Hardware and Software load-balancing and routing using F5 and
Citrix NetScaler traffic manager, Fabio, Azul, Apache Web
- Middleware technologies - Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat,
Tuxedo, RedHat JBOSS
- OS / Misc. technologies - VMware ESX, Linux, Windows, Solaris,
HashiCorp Vault Requisition #: 225852When applying for a position,
you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check,
motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the
requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the
background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your
current role. Background results will be evaluated on a
case-by-case basis.EEO StatementWe are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color,
ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status,
disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.DisclaimerThe above job definition
information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and
responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business
needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer - Virtual, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!