Lead Transport Engineer
Posted on: May 23, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Seeking an Optical Transport Network Test Engineer (Lab) who has
substantial knowledge of carrier class optical technologies,
networks and implementations. This position requires advanced
testing skills and the ability to develop efficient, repeatable
test scenarios that follow established engineering guidelines and
procedures. Must also develop, run and modify established test
plans and solve advanced issues with limited support. This position
must work directly with network Operations to develop, test and
integrate new software features and/or hardware to ensure minimal
impact to CenturyLink networks while working closely with Network
Engineering and Architecture.Job Description
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOLWING TOP 4 key bullet points in order to
qualify for job
- Possess provisioning and behavioral expertise with ADVA or
Infinera family of network devices. If you have one of the 2
mentioned plus Huawei, this would be ideal.
- Possess advanced level knowledge with the most current MEF,
ITU-T and Telcordia standards, recommendations and
- Extensive and advanced level experience with optical and
electrical test devices such as VIAVI Solutions, EXFO, Digital
Light Wave and Agilent Technologies.
- Act as a resident subject matter expert on optical transport
technologies such as DWDM modulation techniques, DWDM/ROADM, GBE,
SONET and SDH/PDH.
Additional skills to have.
- Expert level understanding of Error and Alarm requirements AND
an understanding of required network element behavior.
- Build efficient lab testing environments that allow for minimal
redevelopment and faster test completion scenarios.
- Create Engineering test reports, assist Engineering in
developing planning guidelines and MOPS, policies and
- Provides recommendations to Architecture, Engineering and
Leadership on the quality, reliability, stability and readiness for
deployment of Optical technologies.
- Identify gaps in current design and research / propose
appropriate solutions based on technical and business drivers.
- Technical knowledge and experience greater than 5 years is the
basic qualification for this position.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge and practical experiences with Optical
- Extensive network engineering experience designing &
implementing DWDM systems from vendors such as ADVA, Infinera and
- Intermediate level of knowledge in IP/MPLS and Ethernet
- Independently determines and pursues course of action necessary
to achieve results.
- Usually determines own work priorities. Strong interpersonal
skills. Must be a flexible team player that is able to thrive in a
fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Computer
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield;
Requisition #: 215884
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Lead Transport Engineer, Engineering , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!