Engineer Principal - System Allocation and Verification
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Engineer Principal - System Allocation and Verification Company:
Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Mar 4,
2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID: 1718 Clearance
Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is
required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering
mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit-- Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Principal - System Allocation and Verification Lead This
leadership position is for a highly-experienced systems engineer
who can lead a team to establish the requirement baseline for a
mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus,
and ground) and Subsystems. What you'll do:
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to
develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Develop the DOOR's framework to properly allocate, trace and
verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels
through all mission phases.
- Plan and manage the cost, technical and cost associated with
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the
required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program's chief system
- Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience in either
mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working
in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD,
Structure, etc) or equivalent- a subject matter expert with this
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable
requirements - detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, requirement allocation, change
management, verification and validation - a self-starter that will
own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and
customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience
working with critical customer base, established relationships with
key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision
making and technical audiences. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.-- Current Clearance
Required: Verification that your current security clearance or
government customer access meets the requirement for this position
will be required. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Principal - System Allocation and Verification, Education / Teaching , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!