Principal Engineer - System Allocation and Verification
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Principal Engineer - System Allocation and Verification Company:
Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Jan 12,
2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID: 3503 Powered by
endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball
Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform
beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create
innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts,
drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable
data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go
forward bravely and return home safely. For more information,
visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect with us on LinkedIn
, Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The Engineering Strategic
Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical
leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact
discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our
collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation,
integrity, continual learning and strong execution. Principal
Engineer - System Allocation and Verification-- What You'll Do:
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to
develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Develop the DOOR's framework to properly allocate, trace and
verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels
through all mission phases.
- Plan and manage the cost, technical and cost associated with
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the
required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program's chief system
- Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to
maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working
in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD,
Structure, etc) or equivalent- a subject matter expert with this
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable
requirements - detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, requirement allocation, change
management, verification and validation - a self-starter that will
own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and
customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience
working with critical customer base, established relationships with
key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision
making and technical audiences. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.-- Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED Ball Aerospace
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Principal Engineer - System Allocation and Verification, Education / Teaching , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!