Engineer Principal - Systems
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. This leadership position is for a highly experienced
systems engineer who can lead a team to establish the requirement
baseline, CONOPS, and architecture for a mission that includes
Space Vehicle(s), Ground Systems, Payload, and Spacecraft Bus. What
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to
develop and implement the Requirements, CONOPS, Architecture, and
Integration of Space Missions.
- Manage and Control the Technical Baseline.
- Interface with and support the program chief engineer.
- Plan and manage the cost, schedule, and technical content
associated with the systems engineering team.
- Oversee and Guide the System Traceability team in:
- Developing the database framework to properly allocate, trace
and verify requirements through all mission phases.
- Allocating and flowing system requirements to lower level
- Developing the overall verification plan and approach.
- Oversee and Guide the Architecture and Design team in:
- Developing and utilizing technical trades studies to define the
- Utilizing Model Based Systems Engineering tools and processes
to develop and document the system architecture, interfaces, and
- Trading technical performance options and impacts.
- Defining System CONOPS.
- Oversee and Guide the System Integration & Test team in:
- Defining System Integration & Test Plan
- Defining System Simulator requirements.
- Defining System STE and GSE requirements.
- Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience in mission system, spacecraft systems, ground
systems or payloads preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, requirement allocation, change
management, verification and validation - a self-starter that will
own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge of missions and customers
across core technologies areas.
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision
making and technical audiences. --------------------- Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP--IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Principal - Systems, Education / Teaching , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!