Engineer Principal - Systems Traceability
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most.We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution.Engineer Principal - Systems TraceabilityThis leadership
position is for a highly-experienced systems engineer who can lead
a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that
includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and
Subsystems.What You'll Do:
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to
develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Develop the DOOR's framework to properly allocate, trace and
verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels
through all mission phases.
- Plan and manage the cost, technical and cost associated with
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the
required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program's chief system
- Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working
in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD,
Structure, etc) or equivalent- a subject matter expert with this
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable
requirements - detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, requirement allocation, change
management, verification and validation - a self-starter that will
own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core
technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical
customer base, established relationships with key personnel within
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision
making and technical audiences.Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.A current DoD clearance
and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for
this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for
submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be
able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to
this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security
Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability
to obtain the required security clearance or government customer
access associated with this position.Relocation for this position
is not available.Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Principal - Systems Traceability, Education / Teaching , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!