Director SEC Reporting - Broomfield, CO
Posted on: May 17, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services
company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the
digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems
management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting,
cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband,
voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a
robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a
360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
CenturyLink for more information.
The Director SEC Reporting will be responsible for leading
CenturyLink's SEC and all other external financial reporting. This
person will work closely with the Assistant Controller to ensure
the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data
with the primary focus on the annual and periodic SEC filings on
Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
While managing a small team, this individual will interface with a
broad range of individuals including executive management, Audit
Committee members, the Board of Directors, external auditors and
outside legal counsel.
- Complete ownership and management of three SEC registrants'
Quarterly and Annual Reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly earnings release and
associated filing (8-K).
- Coordinate and manage the content of financial reports that
appear on the Company's website.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports to be presented to the
Board of Directors.
- Manage the XBRL process during the 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Manage the preparation of the year end and quarter end
- Conduct accounting research on material issues affecting the
Company and prepare accounting position memos on those issues.
- Review contracts and provide guidance on accounting related to
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving
accounting guidance to the management team.
- Design and draft accounting policies.
- Manage communications with external auditors on external
financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor
agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and
- Assist with compliance with internal controls.
- Train staff on new developments and new technology in a
continuous improvement culture.
- Special projects as requested by senior management.
Ideal SEC External Reporting Senior Manager Candidate
- 7-10 years of SEC external reporting experience
- CPA license is required
- 5-7 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting firm
- 3-5 years of experience with XBRL
- 5-7 years of experience in managing multiple staff
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting
- Strong accounting acumen and knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong project management experience
- Must have the ability to interact with C-level executives,
operations and external auditors
Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a Master's of Business
- * CPA Required with extensive experience in public
Excellent verbal and written skills
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 211994
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Director SEC Reporting - Broomfield, CO, Advertising , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!