Technical Writer - Patents
Company: Aktiv Pharma Group
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Aktiv Pharma Group is hiring for a Technical Writer - Patents
position. We are a fast-growing company focused on addressing unmet
medical needs through a proprietary drug delivery system.
Aktiv Pharma Group is a direct contractor of the United States
Federal government and subject to the requirements of the Executive
Order 14042. Prior to submitting your application for employment,
we recommend reviewing the requirements of Executive Order
Aktiv's Technical Writer - Patents is responsible for drafting
patent applications and written responses to patent office actions
in the course of patent application prosecution. This position
entails working with Aktiv's engineering team to gather information
on their inventions and with law firms that manage Aktiv's docket
and communicate with the patent office.
At Aktiv Pharma Group, we value the diversity of perspectives and
backgrounds our employees bring. We are committed to achieving a
diverse workforce through application of our equal opportunity
employment policy and by providing a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. We work according to our values of
truth, caring, goodness and perseverance, and encourage individuals
with the required skill-sets and these values to apply.
The salary range for the Technical Writer - Patents is $62,027 -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drafts provisional and non-provisional patent applications
focused on drug delivery devices and in particular prefilled drug
delivery systems, including the associated manufacturing
- Gathers information on new inventions from the engineering
- Works with patent attorneys, patent agents, and support staff
in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Assists patent attorneys in prosecution of patent applications
by interpreting office actions and drafting responses
- Maintains a database of patents and patent applications
- Prepares presentations and reports on company-owned
intellectual property in support of investor due diligence.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong professional verbal and written communication
- Strong spatial reasoning skills
- Familiarity with patent prosecution process
- Ability to use precise, consistent language to produce detailed
descriptions of inventions
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple matters, and
complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a
manner aligned with Aktiv Pharma Group's mission, vision, and
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a Technical Writer
Keywords: Aktiv Pharma Group, Broomfield , Technical Writer - Patents, Advertising , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!