SR TAX ANALYST
Posted on: March 15, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Corporate Tax Analyst/Accountant to assist in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax calculations and related financial statement disclosures.
- Perform federal and state tax research and planning for income taxes
- Prepare and assist in review of federal and state corporate income tax returns and quarterly filings utilizing CorpTax
- Analyze financials to determine and prepare book-tax differences reported on the Federal income tax return
- Liaison with accounting, tax accounting and treasury departments to obtain and analyze necessary tax information
- Analyze and reconcile book plant activity to the 10-K for import into PowerTax and determine book-tax plant basis differences
- Respond timely to notices received from federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Assist in preparing annual income provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740
- Utilization of general to intermediate accounting and tax principles, methods and concepts
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines imposed by monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability and desire to learn tax software
- Self-motivated, successful with limited supervision, capable of re-evaluating tasks to maximize use of time
- Flexible personality with the ability to multi task and prioritize multiple projects
- CPA License
- CorpTax Software experience
- SAP experience
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 209503
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , SR TAX ANALYST, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!