Business Intelligence Developer Senior
Posted on: October 11, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U. S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
- Senior Business Intelligence Developer focused on Full Stack development and support of internal Business owned applications, data eco-system architecture and performance, Data Analytics, and Communication with internal stakeholders, users, and management.
- Lead one or more business owned applications and/or databases.
- Make data actionable for our stakeholders through development, enrichment, and maintenance of the data and presentation layers provided in a sustainable, manageable, and consistent environment.
- Elaborates with stakeholders to understand data and presentation layer needs and to identifies opportunities and solutions.
Under Limited Direction:
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, modifies, debugs, and documents Business Intelligence software solutions that satisfy the requirements of one or more user areas.
- Designs, maintains, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SSIS and C# Scripting for source-to-target data mappings.
- Develops complex database solutions for SQL Server, including creating tables, stored procedures, custom user-defined functions, triggers, and indexes
- Elaborates with stakeholders and helps define requirements and solutions to meet the requirements.
- Developments requirements, assessment of LOEs (Level of Effort), and communication of priorities and execution progress for complex solutions.
- Monitors KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Trends and supports areas needing improvement.
- Corrects, or work with business unit to correct, data quality errors and provided guidance or solutions for corrective action.
- Utilize and monitor technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other related activities on complex solutions.
- Leads and drives communication with users and management.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to the technical process and stakeholder usage of presentation layers.
- Trains stakeholders on complex solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
7 years experience (minimum of 10 years of experience without a Bachelor's Degree with expert level skills and qualifications).
- Interpersonal Communication - Can properly communicate with various levels of management and stakeholders.
- Demonstration of strong organizational and communication skills and ability to adapt to continually-changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes required.
- Envision and generate direction and solutions
- Train team members on best practices and other solution support areas
- Ability to view long-term strategic direction of development activities required.
- Data Analyst Can study data and data structure for expected results or patterns
- Agile Development life cycle understandingTechnical Experience:
- Significant knowledge of Development Frameworks / Platforms
- Full software development life cycle.
- Developing experience with database and application/web server required.
- Microsoft Stack Excel, Access, OneNote, Word etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database Administrative support
- Data and Solutions Architecture generation and support
- SSRS reporting services
- Stored Procedures
- Version Control Software: GIT or TFS
- APICoding Languages:
- TSQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- PLSQL (Oracle SQL)
- LESS or SSAS (CSS)
- HTML 5
- ASP. Net MVC
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or an equivalent in education and experience.
Required Qualifications & Skills with the following:
Other Coding Languages:
- VB ScriptCloud Computing Azure
Reporting Services - Tableau
Microsoft Certified Professional MCSA: Data Category
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 205136
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find. centurylink. jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Business Intelligence Developer Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!