Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Exxel Outdoors
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Exxel Outdoors The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible
for the execution of the coding of expenses and purchases for
payment, ensuring compliance with policies, processes and internal
controls as it relates to the Accounts Payable and GL areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for three-way match, coding and entry of inventory
invoices/Pos, including investigation of differences
- Responsible for receiving approval, coding and entering
invoices for freight/transportation services and the Reno
- Reviews RNI lists for product that has been received to
properly record upon entry.
- Communicates with vendors, purchasers and managers.
- Gathers appropriate invoices and enters payment to vendors on a
- Follows established controls and procedures to verify approval
of all invoices.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP with respect to expense
- Manages Sales and Use tax coding and compliance
- Prints and gathers invoices, POs, and receiving records.
- Prepared wire and ACH payments and submits for approval
- Follows established policies and procedures to maintain and
update vendor payment information
- Assists with maintaining accounts payable aging on a weekly and
- Assist staff accountants with explanations of expenses entered
throughout the month. QUALIFICATIONS /SKILLS
- One to three years of experience working in an Accounts Payable
- Experience in an AP/Accounting coding function.
- Experience with high volume invoice coding and entry.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V-look-ups, macros,
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Familiar with a month-end and quarter-end close process
- Must be able to multi-task with the ability to react quickly to
- Team player with a strong work ethic, outgoing personality and
a "can-do" attitude.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work effectively and
efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Very detail orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics BC 14 is a plus BUDGET
QUALIFICATIONS SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- None WORK ENVIRONMENT A collaborative, open space work
environment located on the first floor of the 40,000 sq. foot
facility located in Broomfield, Colorado. The Accounts Payable
Specialist sits with the Accounting and Finance team, these members
share a common desk area. The Accounting and Finance area faces
west and looks out on open space and the Flatirons There are
approximately 125 employees in the 40,000 sq. ft Broomfield
corporate facility which houses a workout facility, multiple quiet
telephone booths and a large employee breakroom for the employee's
use. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED This job
description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for
this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks
and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, LLC, the
responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be
prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. Exxel Outdoors offers 3 Medical Plans, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, programs for additional life insurance for
self, spouse and family, critical illness, short-term disability,
and pet Insurance. Additionally, we offer an open work environment
with a workout facility for employee use, telephone booths for
privacy, and an expansive employee breakroom with an awesome view
of the Flatirons. All employees receive 60% off MRSP on all our
company websites, in addition to discount programs from many
outdoor industry companies through Pro-Deals. Each year every
employee receives a $200 allowance to buy any company product, plus
you still can get the discount on any items purchased. In our
corporate office, employees can bring dogs to work 2 days a week,
and after 90 days have option for one work from home day, 4 10-hour
days, or 9 9-hour days dependent on role in the organization. Exxel
offers a minimum of 80.0 hours vacation, and 7 days sick to all
Full-time employees, prorated for Part-time employees, and when
during the year an employee begins with the company. We offer a
401k program through Fidelity, and the company matches 50 cents on
the dollar for the first 4%. Exxel invests in their employees by
offering this benefit selection to all employees in our Colorado
Keywords: Exxel Outdoors, Broomfield , Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!