Director Hospitality FP&A
Company: PEAK SEASON INC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. The
Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and
Driving Value. We are creating a new fully centralized Financial
Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters
near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts
across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees,
and a market capitalization of over $9 billion. We are transforming
our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight
generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial
management to Vail Resorts - the ski industry's global leader. Our
team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems
and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver
against the Company's biggest value opportunities. We are creating
a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and
prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and
progression. This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a
critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the
future. The Director Hospitality FP&A will report to the Vice
President of Retail, Hospitality & Real Estate Finance and is based
in the company's Broomfield, Colorado headquarters. This team
develops business insights to drive decision-making and commercial
action for the Hospitality properties of Vail Resorts. This
includes financial planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis in
support of the strategic goals of the enterprise. This role works
closely with senior executives to develop divisional views of
financial results and performance to help drive strategic decision
making, growth objectives and capital allocation. The Hospitality
division generates -$300 million in revenue and manages -6,000
owned and managed hotel rooms and condominium units across our
network of resorts. Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver financial insight and commentary based on a
comprehensive view of divisional financial results and impacts and
indicators on the broader enterprise.
- Assess business opportunities and risks with a strong
orientation to long-term enterprise value creation.
- Synthesize and communicate key financial and business insights
at an executive level to drive decision-making with operational
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to drive strategic
business initiatives for resort leadership teams.
- Lead the financial planning process that focuses on value
creation and aligning resources with strategic priorities.
- Create a high-performing team and culture focused on value
creation, delivering results, stakeholder influence and leadership
development for career progression.
- Play a critical role as a leader in the Finance organization,
bringing an enterprise-level perspective to support the strategic,
talent and process improvement efforts across the Finance
- Partner with the senior operating executives and their
leadership teams in the Hospitality division to influence and
achieve key outcomes for the business including:
- Cross-resort insights to provide long-term strategic insight
around trends, benchmarks, and appropriate comparison points.
- Integrate effectively with the finance organization, impacting
and furthering Vail's customer-focused and high-impact
- Build close partnerships with commercial and finance leaders
across the company.
- Trusted partner: The candidate possesses the technical
expertise, communication skills and good judgment to provide the
senior leadership team with an objective and independent point of
view both the division and enterprise.
- Leadership and management: This candidate has a strong track
record of leading, developing and motivating a team of
high-performing finance professionals. S/he is a brave, passionate
and ambitious leader who demonstrates the core tenets of our talent
- Learning agility - Enjoys and excels in environments where
he/she must tackle and solve complex strategic business challenges
and issues. Demonstrates an ability to flexibly integrate the
newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business with strong
intellectual and data-driven rigor.
- Emotional Intelligence - demonstrates the awareness of and
ability to shape her/his impact on the team, and a wide range of
stakeholders, to achieve ambitious goals.
- Ambition - demonstrates the drive to expand leadership
responsibility and overcome obstacles to achieve a bigger impact in
an increasingly competitive environment. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or
CFA strongly preferred.
- 8+ years experience in leading teams with financial planning
and analysis responsibilities (role has team of 4 people).
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize
information, develop insights and communicate effectively in
presentations and in-person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing
financial results in the context of creating shareholder
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience
working with, or as, CFO, senior executives and third-party
clients. The budgeted range starts at $112,000 - $140,250 + annual
bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time
Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees
are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance We offer a variety of
professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters
near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both
a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain
resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at
our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com Vail Resorts
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Address Broomfield, CO 80020
Keywords: PEAK SEASON INC, Broomfield , Director Hospitality FP&A, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!