Sr IT Internal Auditor
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
The Senior IT Auditor role will be responsible for the execution of
Lumen's ITGC SOX program, including, but not limited to, performing
controls testing in the following areas:
Change Management, User Access Management, Operations, Passwords,
and Third-Party Vendor Management. This role will be responsible
for coordinating and communicating with the external audit team,
the Internal Audit SOX team as well as IT leadership. This role
will require organized and concise preparation of workpapers in
accordance with team methodologies providing assurance the work
performed supports the conclusions drawn.
Internal Audit's mission at Lumen is to support the Audit Committee
and management through objective, risk-based assurance and advisory
services designed to add value and improve the operations of Lumen.
Our new Internal Audit leader brings fresh perspective and is
expanding our global team to include an internal IT SOX audit team.
As part of this new team, you will have the unique opportunity to
understand different process areas across a global technology
company. You will engage with varying layers of leadership to
evaluate day-to-day IT processes and translate risks to big picture
issues that directly impact the business and Lumen's customers. You
will be involved in the SOX 404 program to evaluate and test
controls to help ensure Lumen can effectively meet its financial
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Execute IT SOX General Controls testing including completion of
workpapers, document root cause analysis, summarize test results
and conclusion and when necessary, detail remediation testing
* During the SOX off-cycle, assist the IT and operational audit
teams with IT audit planning including development of audit
objectives, evaluation of IT process and controls assessments,
assessment of IT risks, and provide input to audit scope.
* Participate in systems implementation and process improvement
* Communicate with Internal Audit management regarding testing
status, audit issues and deadlines. Follow up with clients to
ensure that agreed-upon action plans have been implemented.
* Stay current with security technologies, trends, vulnerabilities,
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Experience: 2+ years
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
* Field of Study: Information Systems, Accounting, or Business
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
* Ability to communicate to teams regarding security incidents,
vulnerabilities, mitigations and resolutions.
* At least 2 years of relevant experience in internal audit, risk
consulting, or external audit focusing on IT-related risks and
* Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment,
with an exceptional eye for detail.
* Work in a team environment to achieve department objectives. The
position requires multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and
excellent communication skills to successfully meet deadlines.
* Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
* Large accounting firm or industry experience with large company,
CIA, CISA and/or CPA preferred.
* Experience with audit software such as High Bond or TeamMate.
Requisition #: 231379
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Broomfield , Sr IT Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!