Senior Corporate Accountant
Company: Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Job Title: Senior Corporate AccountantJob ID: 670146Location:CO
- BroomfieldFull/Part Time: Full-TimeRegular/Temporary:
RegularReturn to Previous PageWho We Are:Ball Corporation supplies
innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal
care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and
other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government.
Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 17,500
people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball
is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to
recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.For more
information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or
Twitter.Job Duties:Primary Purpose of Position: This position is
responsible for the recording, accounting, and analysis of
accounting matters, including compensation and certain employee
benefit programs, consolidations work and technical accounting
topics within the corporate ledger. This position provides
analytical support to management in connection with the corporate
ledger as well as global consolidations. Job includes some project
work as well as FASB research as needed. Operates in a SOX
regulated environment by performing detailed reviews and helps to
ensure that the corporate ledger, and consolidated results are free
from material misstatements.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the
month end closing process, including the preparation and input of
journal entries. Records transactions for the various ledgers
including stock, derivatives, compensation and benefits, debt
transactions as well as intercompany transactions.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities
over the financial close process.
- Understands the compensation and benefits plans and systems to
ensure benefit information is properly accounted for, recorded and
posted to the general ledger.
- Prepares and analyzes the activity for accounting records
related to restricted stock programs for employees and non-employee
directors, incentive compensation plans, deferred compensation
plans, the COLI/TOLI plan and pension plans.
- Participates in the external audit of the company pension plans
and 401K financial statements.
- Reconciliation of the payroll withholding accounts, including
all withholding tax accounts, the 401(k) account, the Employee
Stock Purchase Plan account, and other related accounts.
- Completes and communicates budgeted amounts to planning teams
as well as any updates when they are recognized.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually
five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends
(Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by
management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular
basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the
assigned start and end times of work.Position Requirements:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Chartered Accountant or CPA
- Experience in public accounting preferred
- Comprehension in generally accepted accounting principles and
general financial reporting
- Clear comprehension of financial information systems and
integrated financial and ERP systems
- Ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles,
financial concepts, and conditions in the accounting, analysis, and
projection of financial information concerning corporate accounting
and compensation and benefits topics
- Skilled at analytical and problem-solving techniques to
troubleshoot problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
personnel at all levels of the organization
- 10% of travel Relocation:Relocation for this position may be
availableBall Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages,
including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life
insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.EEO
Statement:Equal Opportunity EmployerMinority, Female, Disabled,
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Keywords: Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Corporate Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!