Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging
solutions for beverage, personal care and household products
customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services
primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its
subsidiaries employ more than 17,500 people worldwide and reported
2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an
inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training,
compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.ball.com , or connect with us on
Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the preparation and review of federal, state, and
foreign income tax returns, information returns, and other
disclosures required in compliance with tax laws. Responsible for
the effective maintenance of the tax compliance software assists in
the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated income tax
- Preparation and review of the U.S. Consolidated federal income
tax filing and foreign information returns for Ball Corporation and
- Preparation and review of various other required U.S. and state
filings including but not limited to forms 990, 1042, etc.
- Preparation and review of various combined, consolidated, and
separate company state income tax filings.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual worldwide income tax
provision and financial statement disclosures.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of income tax accrual accounts
and deferred tax balances in accordance with internal control
- Assists with identification, documentation and execution of key
controls over the tax provision and compliance processes.
- Maintains thorough and accurate tax records, supporting
analyses, and documentation of tax filing positions, including
proper tax accounting and classification of temporary and permanent
- Preparation of written correspondence and other documentation
for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities in response
to exam requests or other notices.
- Assists in research, analysis, and implementation of tax
planning strategies to ensure compliance with tax legislation and
to minimize the company's tax liability.
- Assists with the transformation and automation of the quarterly
and annual income tax provision process utilizing Corptax income
tax provision software.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Corptax
compliance and provision software.
- Ability to perform accurate analysis and summarization of
financial and tax information involving large volumes of financial
- Prepares U.S and Canadian taxable income estimates for
operating plan and tax payment purposes.
- Reviews work papers, calculations and tax returns prepared by
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA or equivalent professional
credentials in accounting and financial reporting
- Public accounting or large multinational corporation
- Working knowledge of financial reporting, general ledger, fixed
asset, and tax compliance and provision systems
- Basic understanding of U.S. income tax laws related to
corporations, partnership, controlled foreign corporations, foreign
and domestic disregarded entity classifications
- Basic understanding of accounting for income taxes under U.S.
generally accepted accounting principles, including ASC740
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including ability to work with
large volumes of financial and tax data
- Effective in managing a diverse workload, including meeting
various special project, monthly accounting and tax compliance
- 5% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including
paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance,
tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Broomfield , Tax Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!