Senior Analyst - Divisional FP&A
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.SENIOR ANALYST
DIVISIONAL FP&AThe Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to
Building Leaders and Driving Value. We are creating a new fully
centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our
corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing
company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United
States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $9
billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring
best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making
support and financial management to Vail Resorts the ski industrys
global leader.Our team will be driven by top-tier talent,
state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process
management to identify and deliver against the Companys biggest
value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing
team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through
accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity
to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape
how we do business into the future.The Senior Analyst will partner
with operational leaders to drive planning, forecasting and
financial management, aligning our key resources with the
achievement of our strategic goals both long and short term. This
leader will build critical relationships with senior leaders and
will evaluate key trends across resorts and lines of business to
influence our highest priority business decisions.*ESSENTIAL JOB
- Create and maintain active partnerships with operational
- Develop finance & business presentations, and effectively
summarize results, key risks/opportunities and decision
- Produce key FP&A deliverables for operating budget, capital
budget,monthly forecasting, cost control, and P&L reviews.
- Execute value-added analysis and decision support for projects
- Produce (daily/weekly/monthly) business analyses to evaluate
performance, aid in decision making, and provide insight into the
- Oversee labor/expense and provide actionable tools for resort
teams to manage cost.
- Provide support and training for operational business leaders
to build business acumen and accountability.
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate
- Drive process improvements aimed at creating scalability and
efficiencies across FP&A.
- Approach and behaviorcultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives
deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how
these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets,
and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments
where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex
strategic business challenges and issuesincorporating the newest
ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in
his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional
intelligence and self-awareness.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelors degree required in
Finance and/or Economics; CFA viewed favorably.
- 4+ years experience in finance or accounting with demonstrated
success in financial modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate
would have experience in financial planning and analysis functions,
including developing automated reporting tools and dashboards.
- Experience executing core FP&A processes, including annual
budgeting, long-term strategic planning, and enterprise
- Thorough analytical skills with ability to synthesize
information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate
effectively in presentations by developing the story.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong
initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with
candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team
approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high-degree of
diplomacy and composure.
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and industry standard financial
systems (i.e., reporting and planning tools like PeopleSoft, Host
Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
- Service industry experience a plus.We offer a variety of career
opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters
near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human
Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs &
Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our
corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive
to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world.
Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.comVail Resorts is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.VRACTRequisition ID 201047
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Broomfield , Senior Analyst - Divisional FP&A, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!