Internship Pgm - Summer 2020 Under/grad- Collection Data Science Intern CO
Company: Abb Holdings Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future
where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to
Interns with the Velocity Suite team acquire an introduction to the
key data and concepts within the North American Energy Industry as
well as exposure to the technologies utilized to maintain a large
and complex data warehouse and a commercial application to analyze
the data. Our database, commercial application and mapping products
cover industries including electricity, natural gas, transmission,
coal and renewables. Interns will utilize their computer science
background and problem solving skills to help us maintain the most
accurate energy market database available within the industry and
our commercial application clients use to analyze this data.
- Support Python, Perl, PL/SQL and Database Developers with
custom coding requirements to scrape and parse data from websites
and source forms.
- Provide technical/code support for database administrators,
software developers and management.
- Contribute to artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)
and data modeling projects.
- Gather technical requirements and provide technical/code
support to industry content teams.
- Analyze data loaded via automated processes for errors and
- Help maintain and enhance our commercial application.
- Assist in testing of commercial software product prior to
- Design and implement automated proofing scripts and reports to
ensure data integrity
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer
science, math or engineering (will consider others).
- Positive and inquisitive attitude with a strong desire to
learn. 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Ability to read, understand and script/code in one or more of
the following computer languages (Python, Perl, R, PL/SQL, T-SQL,
- Experience with databases (Oracle and/or SQL Server preferred)
and basic SQL skills.
- Experience with artificial intelligence and/or machine learning
is a plus.
- Experience with regular expressions is a plus.
- Experience with big data/analytics is a plus.
- Experience with Power BI or other business intelligence tools
is a plus.
- Experience with cloud based systems on Azure or AWS is a
- Ability to work independently and complete projects without
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive
forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable
future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the
power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and
learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself
every day. Let's write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action
Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may
request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your
disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an
ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to
US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in
Keywords: Abb Holdings Inc, Broomfield , Internship Pgm - Summer 2020 Under/grad- Collection Data Science Intern CO, Accounting, Auditing , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!